CURRENT COVID-19 Limitations / Restrictions:
- Due to Arizona State COVID-19 order our 4D Experience Room is CLOSED
- All visitors are strongly urged to wear protective masks
- Safe social distancing practices will be in place including 6ft separation
- Surfaces sanitized every 30 minutes
- Protective plexiglass barriers at all registers
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the attraction
- All employees will wear protective masks
- One way traffic only allowed through the Discovery Center Museum
- The Blasted Bistro will offer outdoor dining only
The world's best preserved meteorite impact site on Earth. Located just minutes from Interstate 40 and the old Route 66 in Northern Arizona near Winslow. Meteor Crater is the spectacular result of a collision that rocked the American Southwest approximately 50,000 years ago with the energy of more than 20 million tons of TNT. Situated under the wide skies of the Arizona High Desert, Meteor Crater offers an interactive educational experience for the entire family in a beautiful,
natural setting. The Meteor Crater Visitor Center is located on the rim of the Crater. The fully air-conditioned building features an indoor crater viewing area, Crater Trail access, Interactive Discovery Center, Artifacts and Exhibits, Gift & Mineral Shop and the Blasted Bistro. Elevators and ADA accessibility are available for guests with special needs.
Pet Policy - Pets are not allowed inside Meteor Crater, however our shaded, enclosed Dog Ramada has kennels available, please inquire at the admission window when you arrive.