Board of Directors
MCE Library 📖
Corporate files and documents for review
2023 Meeting Notes
FESTIVAL OF SCIENCE MEETING, 7.6
- 34 years
- Which program/activities has had the best response historically?
- Hands-on activities outdoors
- Guided cloud walks at Buffalo Park — Advanced registration
- Passport/event agenda for 2023? Repeat schedules?
- This year's supernova sponsors? And headlining sponsor?
- Keynote kickoff event on 22nd — Beth Shapiro, prehistoric DNA author
- Gore is primary sponsor for kickoff
- Science in the park on 23rd — NA Realtors, Midtown animal
- Sci Talks on 29th
- Women in STEAM — Female scientists and network
- Internship opportunities
Headline sponsorship — Move forward with the Planet Science sponsorship and agenda, organize activities to host at store with Colin
- Invite to Meteor Crater open house in conjunction with festival (Dates: Sunday, October 1st)
- Guided hike, or full-rim tour* Check with Faith and Mike
- Presentation on Meteor Crater -- Reach out to Scott Parazynski
- Bedtime Stories, virtual and in-person, families and children
- Children authors
- Grand Canyon research
- Deliver branded marketing materials to Elizabeth
- Brandon program committee chair at FFOS
A MESSAGE FROM ELIZABETH VOGLER:
I look forward to revisiting the partnership between Meteor Crater and the Flagstaff Festival of Science!
For your consideration, I've attached our annual report detailing the 2022 year, the passport brochure highlighting the 100 events from 2022, and our sponsorship package for 2023.
Perhaps Meteor Crater would be interested in hosting an open house, special hike or informational program on one of the days during the festival (Sept. 22- Oct. 1)? We are currently accepting event submissions for the 2023 program on our website: www.scifest.org. The initial deadline was June 1st, but we haven't closed it yet. I know you have programs through the 20th of the month, keep me posted if you need my help with anything.
We are also seeking community sponsors to keep the festival going strong, now in our 34th year. The festival is, and has been, free for all attendees. With no earned income, we rely on grants, corporate sponsorships, and individual donations to continue to operate with excellence. Please consider a sponsorship of $1000 or more to support the festival's work in the community.
Happy to answer any questions that you might have. I look forward to hearing from you,